The importance of a well-rounded, informative and up-to-date blog cannot be understated for businesses. In fact, having a blog like this could even be a make-or-break factor in how much success you have and how customers perceive your company. Don’t believe us? Read on for ten blogging statistics that will change how you think about blogging!
How many blogs are there?
- There are more than 2 million blog posts published every day. (Source) Blogs have been around since the internet has and are one of the most popular types of content published on a daily basis. The Huffington Post, one of the most successful blogs of all time, publishes over 2,000 posts a day.
- More than 80 million blog posts and pages are published every month. (Source) These figures from WordPress show how incredibly popular their platform is for creating blog content and how blogs continue to thrive.
- By 2020, there will be approximately 31.7 million bloggers in the US alone. (Source) Blogging has been around since 1994, but it has grown massively, with a huge uptick in the number of bloggers and blog pages since the early 2000s.
What do marketers think about blogs?
- 66% of marketers reported using blogs in their marketing content in 2017. (Source) As blogs continue to top the list of causes for internet traffic, marketers are tuning into their massive potential.
- In 2018, 55% of marketers said that creating blog content was their top inbound marketing priority. (Source) Having a good blog in place with a consistent posting schedule, relevant ideas and a strong format is key element in many marketing strategies.
- Marketers in 2018 who prioritised blogging were 13X more likely to see positive ROI than marketers who did not. (Source) It’s no good having a blog if you don’t put time and effort into making it a worthwhile marketing tool. Businesses that do keep their blogs updated, relevant and engaging can see a massively positive impact on their company.
What does a good blog look like?
- 43% of people admit to skimming blog posts. (Source) Blogs that are overly long or difficult to read may cause people to lose interest so it’s important to include interesting images and videos and make the text engaging.
- Blogs that feature an image every 75-100 words get 2X more shares than those without. (Source) As mentioned above, including images in your blog can lead to a much higher number of views and increased engagement.
- 36% of people prefer list-based headlines. (Source) Headlines like ours entice readers by giving them a clear outline of the article and make the audience want to read them.
- Blogs that use images get 94% more views than those that don’t. (Source) Similar to the previous statistic about skim reading blogs, if your blog engages your audience they are more likely to read more of them. Promote your blogs on social media and use eye-catching header images to bring in new readers.
Blog posts that work
The power of blogging is clear. But what’s also clear is the amount of thought that needs to go into blogging to make it effective. Or, you can let us do it for you…
Blog Squad is a team of professional bloggers that’s on hand to help your business. From the right headlines and images to engaging content throughout, we create blog posts that work for your business. Put us to the test today and order a blog post for your business.
Need help with your blog?
Why waste countless hours writing blog posts for your business when our professional team of bloggers is here to help? You can order a blog post in just a few minutes. We'll do the hard work. You take the glory. It's easy!Place Order