Skip to content
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Section A) General Terms
- These terms and conditions of service apply to the exclusion of any terms or conditions of the client. Divergence from these conditions shall not be classed as binding and will not form any part of a contract, unless express consent is given by Blog Squad.
- The term ‘Blog Squad’, ‘our’, ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is: Suite 1, Crompton Mews, Crompton Street, Bury, BL9 0AD.
- ‘Customer’, ‘client’ or ‘you’ means the company, and any employees, representatives, agents and sub-contractors who are provided the services as outlined in the Project Proposal.
- ‘Blog Squad’ is a trading subsidiary of Hello SEO Copywriting, a registered Sole Trader with a VAT number of 261979660.
Section B) Website Use
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
Section C) Security and Privacy
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the address in section A (iv).
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email (email@example.com) or write to us as soon as possible, at the address in section A (iv). We will promptly correct any inaccurate information.
Section D) Contracts
- Upon request, the team at Blog Squad will produce a Project Proposal to deliver a work package based on the information supplied by the customer. The services outlined in the Project Proposal will be subject to these terms and conditions.
- Any Project Proposal is valid for a period of 14 days only, and may be withdrawn by Blog Squad at any time by notice to the customer.
- Blog Squad reserves the right to amend this fee if the information supplied is misleading or if the customer’s requirements change. Any alterations will be discussed and agreed by the customer and Blog Squad before work continues.
- If the customer wishes to agree to the services outlined in the Project Proposal, completing and returning the included approval form will form a binding contract. By completing the approval form, the client is deemed to have fully understood and accepted all of its terms and conditions.
- The Contract forms the entire arrangement between the involved parties. The client acknowledges that no statement made or promise given by or on behalf of Blog Squad is being relied upon which is not outlined in the contract.
- Any descriptions or advertisements issued by Blog Squad, and any illustrations or descriptions published on the Blog Squad website, are published or issued solely for purpose of giving an estimated idea of the services they are describing. They do not have any contractual force or form part of the contract.
- By registering as a client, you consent to being sent email marketing communications by Blog Squad. These emails can be opted out of at any time.
Section E) Pricing
- Blog packages are priced in accordance with the amount of time required. Clients are given an exact price at point of purchase, excluding VAT, and once an order has been placed, will be provided with a receipt for the transaction with a breakdown including VAT.
- UK-registered companies, UK-based individuals and clients inside the EU without a valid EU VAT number who use the service are subject to VAT on all orders at the current UK rate.
- We cannot offer taxation at a different rate to clients whose VAT registration number is not recognised by this service, or to clients who are based outside of the UK who do not have a VAT number.
- Customers who have made purchases before providing us with their Non-UK, EU VAT number are not entitled to any form of rebate on tax that has been paid above their country’s standard rate.
- We reserve the right to change our standard prices at any time, and will provide customers with a 1-month notice period.
Section F) Payments
- For all blog packages, a direct debit will be created using GoCardless (online system). The customer will be directed towards GoCardless to create an account, which is pre-connected to a monthly payment plan. Payment will be collected from the customer on the 25th of each month.
- Blog Squad may exercise the statutory right to claim interest and compensation for debt recovery costs under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998, if payment is not made according to agreed credit terms.
- Blog Squad reserves the right to suspend ongoing services and also reserves the right to advise any third parties, to whom this suspension of service may affect, such as the Client’s designer, PR agency, marketing company, partners or stakeholders.
- The customer shall pay all amounts due under the contract in full without any deduction or withholding except as required by law and the customer shall not be entitled to assert any credit, setoff or counterclaim against Blog Squad in order to justify withholding payment of any such amount in whole or in part. Blog Squad may, without limiting its other rights or remedies, set off any amount owing to it by the customer against any amount payable by Blog Squad to the customer.
- Any payments returned unpaid will incur an administration charge which under all circumstances shall be paid by the customer. Blog Squad shall be entitled to charge the customer a fee for resolving any payment issue. Such fee shall unless otherwise provided be subject to agreement and shall be in addition to the sums due under the contract in respect of the Services.
Section G) Credit Card Information
- Blog Squad use a third-party merchant to process all payments. We do not store any of this credit card or billing information in our database, in sessions or in browser cookies.
- All information and credit card payments are transmitted using industry standard SSL encryption.
Section H) Working Process
- Topics (and background information) are either supplied by the customer or supplied by Blog Squad, as stipulated in the Project Proposal.
- An in-house Blog Squad writer will use the available information to write each blog posts. All content is 2nd person checked by an Editor, who will check for accuracy, grammar and spelling, before it is sent to you.
- Blog posts will be provided in a Word Document by e-mail.
- If agreed in the Project Proposal, image/s will be provided with each blog post. Images will be sourced from royalty free stock websites, and provided as a jpeg or png file by e-mail.
- While all blog posts are subject to a strict quality process in-house, it is the customer’s responsibility to check through blog posts and assess their quality.
- As we are working with clients from all over the world, it is your responsibility to inform us of your preferred version of the English language. For example, if you require Australian or US spellings. If you do not inform us of any such special requirement, your content will be submitted in the United Kingdom format.
- If the customer requests changes to a blog post, we can provide edits only. Blog Squad allows for two revisions per post. If we believe that our revision policy is being abused by a user, we will discontinue our business relationship without notice. A revision is defined as correcting grammatical errors, structure issues and minor adjustments to content. Any additional revisions are charged for at the standard rate.
- If, upon submission of a blog post, the customer does not respond with any requested amendments within 5 working days, then Blog Squad will deem that the blog post as satisfactory. In the event of extreme circumstances outside of your control, Blog Squad will acknowledge your need for changes or revisions once the review period has ended.
- If agreed in the Project Proposal, Blog Squad will upload, schedule and publish blog posts on the customer’s CMS. The prices included in the Project Proposal for this portion of the project are based on the CMS being of standard complexity (i.e. WordPress) and that it offers the capability to schedule content in advance.
- Publication and social media sharing of blog posts will be provided in accordance with the schedule outlined in the Project Proposal. On occasion, the times for publication and social media sharing may vary, within reason, from the pre-agreed schedule.
Section I) Obligations
- Blog Squad shall be responsible for providing its services in accordance with the terms of the contract.
- Although Blog Squad will use reasonable endeavours to provide the services in accordance with any dates outlined in the Project Proposal, such dates shall be estimates only and time shall not be compelling in the contract.
- Blog Squad will not make any amendments to a client’s website without prior consent and the client, as the owner of the website, approves of and takes full responsibility for the amendments made.
- Blog Squad will liaise with relevant web agencies, hosting companies or other third parties, as and when it is required, but will take no liability to the client under the contract if it is delayed or prevented from completing its obligations as a result of any actions of the web agencies, hosting companies or third parties.
- Blog Squad is not liable for any non-compliance with the obligations of the contract if the failure arises as a consequence of any action or omission by the client or any third party including, but not limited to, the following occurrences:
- the client changes the website or hinders, in any way, the website’s progress;
- the client impairs or interferes with service or product;
- changes or updates to third party software or analytics data that affects or prevents Blog Squad from reporting or tracking any data;
- the customer has not implemented Blog Squad’s onsite recommendations to a satisfactory level;
Section J) Mutual Responsibilities:
- Both Blog Squad and the client acknowledge that the success of the project is the joint responsibility of both parties.
- Blog Squad and the client recognise that they must both use reasonable endeavour to meet agreed target dates.
- The client agrees to provide Blog Squad promptly with accurate and complete information concerning its activities, decisions and approvals relevant to the project.
Section K) Force Majeure
- Neither Blog Squad nor the Client will be liable for any delay in performing or failure to perform their obligations if such failure or delay is as a result of causes outside the reasonable control of the responsible party.
Section L) Cancelation
- Either party may terminate the contract by providing the required period of written notice. During the initial term, the notice period is 90 days. On the initial term’s expiry, the contract is auto renewed onto a 60 day rolling contract, which either party can terminate with written notice of 60 days.
- To terminate the contract, the client must send a letter to the address in section A (iv) or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org, and receive a written acknowledgement from Blog Squad confirming receipt.
- Following receipt by Blog Squad of notice from the customer to terminate the contract, Blog Squad shall be entitled to invoice the customer the remaining instalments of the full value of the fees payable for the services during the notice period without any deduction, discount or reduction.
- All sums payable to Blog Squad under these conditions shall be paid in full without any deduction or setoff, except for credit notes or where an amount has been agreed by Blog Squad, in writing, as being due to the client.
- Blog Squad may terminate the contract at its sole discretion if the customer:
- fails to make any payment due under the Contract and, following written notice from Blog Squad, the sum remains unpaid for a further 15 days.
- becomes insolvent, enters into liquidation or ceases to continue business, or is appointed an administrator or receiver, or enters into an agreement with its creditors.
- breaches any of the terms in the contract and (if the breach can be remediated)fails to remedy said breach within 15 days of being notified of the breach in writing;.
- impairs or interferes with the services or Blog Squad’s capacity to deliver those services.
Section M) Client Confidentiality
- Blog Squad will keep confidential and will not disclose to any third parties or make use of material or information communicated to him for the purposes of the commission, save as may be reasonably necessary to achieve the obligations in relation to the commission.
Section N) Copyright and Ownership
- Blog Squad will retain full copyright to all work undertaken until full and final payment has been received from the customer. Upon full and final payment, all copyrights are transferred to the Client.
- Blog Squad may charge extra if the words are used in publications, adverts, websites or other channels for which they were not commissioned.
- Blog Squad reserves the right to use all work carried out for portfolio or testimonial purposes, unless agreed otherwise before commencement of work.
- The copyright for all sample copy displayed on this site is held by Blog Squad, and is for your information only. You may not copy or adapt any of the content displayed, in whole or in part, for any use whatsoever.
Section O) Indemnity
- While Blog Squad takes all reasonable care in the performance of this agreement, it will not be liable for any loss, damages or charges suffered by the client or by any third party, arising from, by way of example and not limitation, use or reproduction of any words or phrases created.
- The client agrees to indemnify Blog Squad in respect of any claims or damages or any costs arising in any manner from the reproduction without proper reproduction rights of any words and/or phrases supplied to the customer by Blog Squad.
- It is the client who must ensure that all necessary rights and/or consents which may be required for reproduction are obtained and it is acknowledged that Blog Squad gives no warranty or undertaking that any such rights and/or consents have, or will be obtained, whether in relation to the use of names, people, trademarks, registered or copyright words and/or phrases. In the event that the words and/or phrases are issued or reproduced by, or with the authority of, the client, then the client shall indemnify Blog Squad against any loss or damage, proceedings or costs where such rights, releases or consents have not been obtained.
Section P) Solicitation
- During the term of the contract, and for 12 months following its termination, neither party shall entice any employee of the other away, whether on its own behalf or through a third party. If this condition is breached, the party at fault must pay an amount equalling 6 months of the concerned employee’s gross pay to the other party as a pre-estimate of the recruitment and training cost of a replacement.
Section Q) Applicable Law
- These Terms and Conditions of Service will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.